• open panel

New Orleans Silver And Gold Precious Metal Exchange


Many people inherit fine jewelry, sterling silver flatware, coins, bullion, fine Swiss timepieces or other precious metals and are at a loss at what to do with them. Don’t donate old jewelry or sterling silverware to Goodwill or another thrift store, bring it to New Orleans Silver and Gold today and see what it’s worth!


Designer pieces of jewelry such as Mignon Faget, David Yurman, Tiffany & Co, James Avery, Lety G can be worth more than just the intrinsic value of the silver or gold they are made with. Designer pieces of jewelry are very desirable and can be worth a higher dollar amount.


At New Orleans Silver and Gold we buy your fine, antique, vintage, old, new or broken sterling silver or gold jewelry, sterling silver flatware or serving ware, gold and silver coins and bars, fine Swiss timepieces (such as Rolex, Breguet, Blancpain, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Breitling, Cartier, Panerai, Chopard, Ulysse Nardin and Omega) and give you a fair price. We are very transparent about what we make on each transaction.


Most people have broken, unwanted, out of style or unused sterling silver or gold jewelry like chains, rings, necklaces, and bracelets lying around, so why not sell it and make some extra summer cash? Treat yourself to a vacation or purchase back to school supplies and uniforms with your cash. New Orleans Silver and Gold is the best place in New Orleans and surrounding areas to sell your fine jewelry, flatware or coins and get cash that same day! New Orleans Silver and Gold doesn’t make you wait for a check, we can give you cash on the spot!


At New Orleans Silver and Gold we also buy investment silver and gold bullion, bars and coins. Common coins that we buy are Canadian Maple Leaf, American Eagle 1-Ounce Gold Coin, American Buffalo, South African Krugerand, Brittish Britannia, and Austrian Philharmonic.


How do you know when a piece of jewelry is real fine jewelry? You can test the metal by using a magnet. Genuine precious metals such as sterling silver, gold, platinum and palladium are not magnetic. If the piece of jewelry sticks to the magnet, then it’s not made of a precious metal. The jewelry should also be marked. Always check under rings and on clasps for marks. Using a magnifying glass is helpful.


Sterling silver jewelry should almost always be marked “925”. What does “925” mean? The mark 925 is a standard sign used to mark silver, and the meaning of the stamp is that the silver content in the piece is 92.5%, as in the remaining 7.5% is comprised of other elements.


Other marks includes 10K, 14K, 18K and 24K, or 10KT, 14KT, 18KT and 24KT. These marks are found on gold jewelry and indicate the gold content. The most common gold used in the U.S. for jewelry is 14k.


Platinum is also a valuable precious metal used for jewelry making. Platinum jewelry is marked either “Platinum”, “PLAT”, or “PT” and the numbers 950 or 990, which tells you the purity of the platinum.


At New Orleans Silver and Gold we guarantee to give you a fair quote for your items. New Orleans Silver and Gold is the best place in the Greater New Orleans area to sell your precious metals, coins bullion, bars, sterling silver and gold jewelry as well as sterling silver flatware, serving ware, bowls, platters, tea sets, candle holders, candelabras, pitchers and other dishes. We are located in the Central Business District  and an easy drive from Uptown, Mid City, Kenner, Central City, Chalmette, Bywater, Houma, Gretna, Metairie, Lakeview and the West Bank.


Don’t stand in a long line at a pawn shop, at New Orleans Silver and Gold we operate by appointment and give our clients privacy and one on one attention in a no stress environment.





© 2018 New Orleans Silver and Gold
Powered By DynamiX